Navigation

Monday, April 28, 2014

Planner Pages Week Jump

Hi, All!

Thought I'd share some pics of my newly decorated planner pages. Since I've been looking into the Project Life style of scrapbooking and receiving some very lovely RAK (random acts of kindness) mail containing tons of little embellishments and cards and such, my creative juices have been flowing in all things paper craft. I couldn't contain myself and I went ahead and decorated my pages for the first week of May. I'd been trying to go a week at a time so that I don't end up with nothing to do, but I just had to break out the washi, and stickers and go to work.


I got a very cute owl themed scrapbooking set from Walmart on clearnce. I'd been dying for a chance to use it. And considering that I'm such a night owl and even my blog's logo is an own... well this page suits me so well. Lately, I've been leaning towards purples, blues, and pinks. My favorite color is green, but I love when it's pared with these other colors.

As I had mentioned in a previous post, I'm part of a few groups that practice random acts of kindness pertaining to the subject matter. This adorable card was given to me by a lovely lady along with some other very cute cards and paper goods. I just had to include this owl card in my setup. 

So I turned it into a to-do list for the week. Mommy dearest had sent me a pad of these weekly to-do lists. The top is the week, and the bottom is the to-do. If you've noticed by my other pages, I like to include a weekly to-do list or things that I know need to be accomplished at some point in the week but don't necessarily have a specific date to do them.

I added some detail to the foam owl and butterfly stickers to help them match the theme a little more. The tiny little greenery stickers at the bottom are actually off of an egg shaped foam sticker and I removed the flowery cut-outs in it and used them to add some more green to my left page. I like a little balance even if there isn't much symmetry. I think that gave it the finishing touch. 

The Mother's day sticker is off of a regular wall calendar set of stickers. I had already put that there before I started decorating the pages a couple weeks back just so that I would remember the date. But I love that it actually goes with the color scheme so I kept it. I'm very pleased with this set up and it's the first time I'm decorating the pages from my Dollar Tree planner that I butchered in my how-to, The Ultimate FILOHACK! DIY Dollar Planner Refills!. I had been a little wary of the pages as they are printed on thin recycled paper and are a little dull with grey trim. But once I started adding washi tape and stickers, I was surprised at how just a little bit of accenting brightened up the layout. So glad!

Anyhoo, that's my week-after-next done. Now to wait patiently for that week to come and go so I can move on to the next. Pray my patience holds! LOL! Stay inspired, friends!

Aggy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lemme know what you think!